- •Patients who have gone through FLR show difficulties with decision-making under ambiguity.
- •They fail to learn from feedback throughout the Iowa Gambling Task.
- •Decision-making under ambiguity was not correlated to results in executive tasks.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Epilepsy & Behavior
- Neuropsychological correlates of decision-making in ambiguous and risky situations.Neural Netw. 2006; 19: 1266-1276
- Impact of ambiguity and risk on decision making in mild Alzheimer's disease.Neuropsychologia. 2008; 46: 2043-2055
- The role of emotion in decision-making: evidence from neurological patients with orbitofrontal damage.Brain Cogn. 2004; 55: 30-40
- The Iowa Gambling Task and the somatic marker hypothesis: some questions and answers.Trends Cogn Sci. 2005; 9 (discussion 162-4): 159-162
- Insensitivity to future consequences following damage to human prefrontal cortex.Cognition. 1994; 50: 7-15
- Characterization of the decision-making deficit of patients with ventromedial prefrontal cortex lesions.Brain. 2000; 123: 2189-2202
- Decision-making and addiction (part II): myopia for the future or hypersensitivity to reward?.Neuropsychologia. 2002; 40: 1690-1705
- Decision-making deficits, linked to a dysfunctional ventromedial prefrontal cortex, revealed in alcohol and stimulant abusers.Neuropsychologia. 2001; 39: 376-389
- Dissociation Of working memory from decision making within the human prefrontal cortex.J Neurosci. 1998; 18: 428-437
- Emotion, decision making and the orbitofrontal cortex.Cereb Cortex. 2000; 10: 295-307
- Decision-making in patient s with epilepsy: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Epilepsy Res. 2018; 148: 55-62
- Decision-making in temporal lobe epilepsy examined with the Iowa gambling task.Epilepsy Res. 2011; 93: 33-38
- Decision making in juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.J Neurol. 2013; 260: 839-846
- Decision making in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy.Neuropsychologia. 2009; 47: 50-58
- Decision making in ambiguous and risky situations after unilateral temporal lobe epilepsy surgery.Epilepsy Behav. 2009; 14: 665-673
- Decision making under ambiguity and under risk in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy.Neuropsychologia. 2010; 48: 194-200
- Comparison of decision-making under ambiguity in patients with temporal lobe and frontal lobe epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2022; 129108636
- Decision-making impairments following insular and medial temporal lobe resection for drug-resistant epilepsy.Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2017; 12: 128-137
- Dissociation between decision making under ambiguity and risk in patients with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2019; 101106548
- Decision making under ambiguity in temporal lobe epilepsy: does the location of the underlying structural abnormality matter?.Epilepsy Behav. 2011; 20: 34-37
- Rates and predictors of long-term seizure freedom after frontal lobe epilepsy surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Neurosurg. 2012; 116: 1042-1048
- Neuropsychological consequences of epilepsy surgery in frontal lobe epilepsy.Neuropsychologia. 1998; 36: 681-689
- Cognitive outcome two years after frontal lobe resection for epilepsy - a prospective longitudinal study.Seizure. 2015; 30: 50-56
- Neuropsychological outcome following frontal lobectomy for pharmacoresistant epilepsy in adults.Neurology. 2017; 88: 692-700
- Executive functioning and depressed mood before and after unilateral frontal lobe resection for intractable epilepsy.Neuropsychologia. 2013; 51: 1370-1376
- Pre- and postoperative verbal memory and executive functioning in frontal versus temporal lobe epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2019; 101106538
- Predictors of decline in verbal fluency after frontal lobe epilepsy surgery.Epilepsy Behav. 2013; 27: 326-329
- Cognitive outcomes in patients with frontal lobe epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2006; 2: 87-89
- Longitudinal trajectory of quality of life and psychological outcomes following epilepsy surgery.Epilepsy Behav. 2020; 111107283
- Psychosocial outcome in epilepsy after extratemporal surgery.Epilepsy Behav. 2018; 81: 94-100
- Reduction in apathy following epilepsy surgery.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2019; 15: 1679-1684
- Experiences of emotional and psychosocial functioning after frontal lobe resection for epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 121108077
- Risky decision-making in older adults without cognitive deficits: an fMRI study of VMPFC using the Iowa Gambling Task.Soc Neurosci. 2012; 7: 178-190
- Lesion mapping of cognitive control and value-based decision making in the prefrontal cortex.PNAS. 2012; 109: 14681-14686
Bechara A. Iowa Gambling Task. Professional Manual. In. Lutz: PAR; 2007.
Wechsler D. Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Fourth Edition. In: Pearson Assessments. USA; 2008.
Delis DC, Kaplan E, Kramer JH. Delis Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS). In. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation; 2001.
- Reliability and validity of the Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System: an update.J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2004; 10: 301-303
- On the control of automatic processes: a parallel distributed processing account of the Stroop effect.Psychol Rev. 1990; 97: 332-361
Wechsler D. Technical Manual for the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Third Edition. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation; 1997.
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- Mental fatigue–subjective problem possible to assess. New Swedish self-assessment scale tested in different patient groups.Lakartidningen. 2010; 107: 2964-2967
- Assessing frontal lobe behavioral syndromes with the frontal lobe personality scale.Assessment. 1999; 6: 269-284
- Emotion and decision-making: affect-driven belief systems in anxiety and depression.Trends Cogn Sci. 2012; 16: 476-483
- Relationship between poor decision-making process and fatigue perception in Parkinson's disease patients.J Neurol Sci. 2014; 337: 167-172
- Screening for depression in people with epilepsy: comparative study among neurological disorders depression inventory for epilepsy (NDDI-E), hospital anxiety and depression scale depression subscale (HADS-D), and Beck depression inventory (BDI).Epilepsy Behav. 2014; 34: 50-54
- Using Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) on patients with epilepsy: Confirmatory factor analysis and Rasch models.Seizure. 2017; 45: 42-46
- A self-assessment questionnaire for mental fatigue and related symptoms after neurological disorders and injuries.Brain Inj. 2010; 24: 2-12
- Factor analysis of the frontal systems behavior scale (FrSBe).Assessment. 2003; 10: 79-85
Cohen J. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1988.
- The somatic marker hypothesis: a critical evaluation.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2006; 30: 239-271
- Decisions under ambiguity and decisions under risk: correlations with executive functions and comparisons of two different gambling tasks with implicit and explicit rules.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2007; 29: 86-99
- Deciding advantageously before knowing the advantageous strategy.Science. 1997; 275: 1293-1295
- Social-economical decision making in current and remitted major depression.Psychol Med. 2015; 45: 1301-1313
- Decision-making executive function profile and performance in older adults with major depression: a case-control study.Aging Ment Health. 2021; : 1-7
- The Iowa Gambling Task in depression - what have we learned about sub-optimal decision-making strategies?.Front Psychol. 2013; 4: 732