- •Adolescents are at heightened risk of suboptimal ASM adherence.
- •Higher motivation predicted higher objective ASM adherence.
- •Motivation may be an important target of adolescent ASM adherence interventions.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Epilepsy & Behavior
- Antiepileptic drug nonadherence predicts pediatric epilepsy seizure outcomes.Neurology. 2014; 83: 2085-2090
- Patterns of nonadherence to antiepileptic drug therapy in children with newly diagnosed epilepsy.J Am Med Assoc. 2011; 305: 1669-1676
- Adherence barriers in pediatric epilepsy: From toddlers to young adults.Epilepsy Behav. 2018; 80: 229-234
- The prevalence rates of medication adherence and factors influencing adherence to antiepileptic drugs in children with epilepsy: A systematic review and meta analysis.Epilepsy Res. 2018; 142: 88-99
- Health care charges for youth with newly diagnosed epilepsy.Neurology. 2015; 85: 490-497
- Parent and family stress factors predict health-related quality in pediatric patients with new-onset epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2014; 55: 866-877
- Uninformed clinical decisions resulting from lack of adherence assessment in children with new-onset epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2012; 25: 481-484
- Treatment adherence among adolescents with epilepsy: what really matters?.Epilepsy Behav. 2013; 27: 59-63
- Adherence to antiepileptic drugs in adolescents with epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2018; 80: 307-311
- Factors influencing compliance with antiepileptic drug regimes.Seizure. 1997; 6: 87-93
- One-month adherence in children with new-onset epilepsy: white-coat compliance does not occur.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e961-e966
- Peer Influences on Adolescent Decision Making.Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 2013; 22: 114-120
- Pediatric self-management: a framework for research, practice, and policy.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e473-e485
- Compliance with health regimens of adolescents with epilepsy.Seizure. 2000; 9: 598-604
- Development and validation of the Pediatric Epilepsy Medication Self-Management Questionnaire.Epilepsy Behav. 2010; 18: 94-99
- Self-reported adherence in patients with epilepsy who missed their medications and reasons for nonadherence in China.Epilepsy Behav. 2013; 27: 85-89
- An overview of the common methods used to measure treatment adherence.Med Pharm Rep. 2019; 92: 117-122
- Electronic measurement of medication adherence in pediatric chronic illness: a review of measures.J Pediatr. 2011; 159: 528-534
- Evidence-based assessment of adherence to medical treatments in pediatric psychology.J Pediatr Psychol. 2008; 33 (discussion 937-8): 916-936
- An Independent Evaluation of the Accuracy and Usability of Electronic Adherence Monitoring Devices.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 169: 419-422
- Treatment Adherence in Adolescents with Asthma.J Asthma Allergy. 2020; 13: 39-49
- Application of a Discrete Choice Experiment to Assess Adherence-Related Motivation Among Adolescents and Young Adults With Cancer.J Pediatr Psychol. 2018; 43: 172-184
- Strategies for improving adherence to antiepileptic drug treatment in people with epilepsy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 10: CD008312
- Care delivery and self-management strategies for children with epilepsy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018; 3: CD006245
- Self-management interventions in pediatric epilepsy: What is the level of evidence?.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 743-754
- The development of a social norms adherence intervention for adolescents with epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 114107628
Modi AC, Patel AD, Mara CA, Schmidt M, Tenney JR, Stevens J. Pilot randomized controlled clinical trial of an adherence social norms intervention for adolescents with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav in press.
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Pediatric Adherence and Self-Management.J Pediatr Psychol. 2020; 45: 977-982
- Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on medication adherence: In the case of antiseizure medications, A scoping review.Seizure. 2021; 93: 81-87
- The REDCap consortium: Building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208
- Development and validation of the Pediatric Epilepsy Side Effects Questionnaire.Neurology. 2012; 79: 1252-1258
- Global assessment of the severity of epilepsy (GASE) Scale in children: Validity, reliability, responsiveness.Epilepsia. 2015; 56: 1950-1956
Laboratory L. Public Health Interventions aGainst Human-to-Human Transmission (PHIGHT) of COVID-19. In: University of Pittsburgh; 2020.
Corp S. Stata Statistical Software: Release 17. In. College Station, TX: StataCorp LLC; 2021.
Corp I. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 27.0. In. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp; 2020.
- Current behavioral health and cognitive screening practices in pediatric epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2019; 101106214
- Contingency management for individuals with chronic health conditions: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Behav Res Ther. 2021; 136103781
- Motivational interviewing: Helping people change. 3rd ed..Guilford Press, New York, NY2013
- Meta-analysis of motivational interviewing for adolescent health behavior: efficacy beyond substance use.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2014; 82: 1212-1218
- Evaluation of Motivational Interviewing to Improve Psychotropic Medication Adherence in Adolescents.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2017; 27: 148-159
- Socioeconomic Status in Pediatric Health Research: A Scoping Review.J Pediatr. 2019; 213: 163-170
- Social Determinants of Health in the United States: Addressing Major Health Inequality Trends for the Nation, 1935–2016.Int J MCH AIDS. 2017; 6: 139-164
- Racial Disparities in Medication Adherence Barriers: Pediatric Epilepsy as an Exemplar.J Pediatr Psychol. 2022; 47: 620-630