Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Epilepsy & Behavior
- Depression and anxiety in people with epilepsy.J Clin Neurol. 2014; 10: 175-188
- Mood, anxiety, and incomplete seizure control affect quality of life after epilepsy surgery.Neurology. 2014; 82: 887-894
- Effects of perceived stigma, unemployment and depression on suicidal risk in people with epilepsy.Seizure. 2021; 91: 34-39
- A national study of epilepsy-related deaths in Scotland: Trends, mechanisms, and avoidable deaths.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 2667-2684
- Psychological treatments for people with epilepsy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; (Art. No. CD012081)
- Psychological treatments for adults and children with epilepsy: Evidence-based recommendations by the International League Against Epilepsy Psychology Task Force.Epilepsia. 2018; 59: 1282-1302
- Progress in chronic disease: Self-management for patients with epilepsy.Ann Intern Med. 2019; 171: 137-138
- Managing depression and anxiety in people with epilepsy: A survey of epilepsy health professionals by the ILAE Psychology Task Force.Epilepsia Open. 2021; 6: 127-139
Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN). Diagnosis and Management of Epilepsy in Adults. Edinburgh: SIGN; 2015.
- International consensus clinical practice statements for the treatment of neuropsychiatric conditions associated with epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2011; 52: 2133-2138
- A survey of neurologists screening and management of depression in patients with epilepsy.Neurology. 2019; 92 (P1.5-008)
- How frequently is anxiety and depression identified and treated in hospital and community samples of adults with epilepsy?.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 115107703
- Attitudes Personality and Behavior.Oxford University Press, Milton Keynes1988
- Screening for depression after stroke: an exploration of professionals’ compliance with guidelines.Clin Rehabil. 2008; 22: 60-70
- Non-pharmacological interventions for post-stroke emotionalism (PSE) within inpatient stroke settings: a Theory of Planned Behaviour survey.Top Stroke Rehabil. 2020; 27: 15-24
- Using the Theory of Planned Behavior incorporated with perceived barriers to explore sexual counseling services delivered by healthcare professionals in individuals suffering from epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2017; 74: 124-129
- Constructing questionnaires based on the theory of planned behaviour: A manual for health services researchers.Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK2004
Public Health Scotland. Data Tables (Workforce); 2014. https://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Workforce/Publications/data-tables2017.asp?id=2484#2484 [accessed 14 February 2023].
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- Rapid detection of major depression in epilepsy: a multicenter study.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 399-405
- Supporting and empowering people with epilepsy: Contribution of the Epilepsy Specialist Nurses (SENsE study).Seizure. 2019; 71: 42-49
Epilepsy Action Scotland. Epilepsy Services in Scotland 2022. https://www.epilepsyscotland.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/2022-Epilepsy-Services-in-Scotland.pdf [accessed 14 February 2023].
NHS Improvement. Psychological Care after Stroke: Improving Stroke Services for People with Cognitive and Mood Disorders; 2011. https://www.nice.org.uk/media/default/sharedlearning/531_strokepsychologicalsupportfinal.pdf [accessed 14 February 2023].
- Neuropsychiatric Complications of Parkinson Disease Treatments: Importance of Multidisciplinary Care.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2016; 24: 1171-1180
- The extended version of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire as a guide to child psychiatric caseness and consequent burden.J Child Psychol Psychiatry Allied Discip. 1999; 40: 791-799
- Pilot project of psychological services integrated into a pediatric epilepsy clinic: Psychology Adding Value – Epilepsy Screening (PAVES).Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 120107968
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: the GAD-7.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1092-1097
- Design and validation of two measures to detect anxiety disorders in epilepsy: The Epilepsy Anxiety Survey Instrument and its brief counterpart.Epilepsia. 2019; 60: 2068-2077
- Validation of the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) for depression screening in adults with epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2014; 37: 215-220
- Validation of the generalized anxiety disorder-7 in people with epilepsy: a MEPSY study.Epilepsy Behav. 2014; 35: 59-63
- Questionnaire-based screening for mental distress in epilepsy: Outline and feasibility of an outpatient screening and intervention pathway.Epilepsy Behav. 2023; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2023.109085
- Clinical guidelines: potential benefits, limitations, and harms of clinical guidelines.BMJ. 1999; 318: 527-530