- •Hippocampal proinflammatory cytokines and GABA A receptors were altered after a seizure.
- •Overexpression of Ccl3 mRNA was observed in the hippocampus of naive tremor mice.
- •Hippocampal Il-1β and Ccl3 expression were downregulated in stimulated tremor mice.
- •Low expression of Egr3, Gabra1, and Gabra4 mRNA were detected in naive tremor mice.
- •Egr3, Gabra1, and Gabra4 expression increased in the hippocampus of stimulated mice.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neuroinflammatory pathways as treatment targets and biomarkers in epilepsy.Nat Rev Neurol. 2019; 15: 459-472https://doi.org/10.1038/s41582-019-0217-x
- Neuroinflammation and proinflammatory cytokines in epileptogenesis.Mol Neurobiol. 2022; 59: 1724-1743https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-022-02725-6
- Wistar Audiogenic Rats (WAR) exhibit altered levels of cytokines and brain-derived neurotrophic factor following audiogenic seizures.Neurosci Lett. 2015; 597: 154-158
- Role of cytokines during epileptogenesis and in the transition from the interictal to the ictal state in the epileptic mutant EL mouse.Gene Regul Syst Bio. 2008; 2: 267-274
- The role of interleukin-1β in the pentylenetetrazole-induced kindling of seizures, in the rat hippocampus.Eur J Pharmacol. 2014; 731: 31-37https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2014.03.008
- The emerging role for chemokines in epilepsy.J Neuroimmunol. 2010; 224: 22-27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneuroim.2010.05.016
- Chemokines as new inflammatory players in the pathogenesis of epilepsy.Epilepsy Res. 2017; 136: 77-83https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2017.07.016
- Gene expression in temporal lobe epilepsy is consistent with increased release of glutamate by astrocytes.Mol Med. 2007; 13: 1-13
- GABAA currents are decreased by IL-1β in epileptogenic tissue of patients with temporal lobe epilepsy: implications for ictogenesis.Neurobiol Dis. 2015; 82: 311-320
Brooks-Kayal AR, Russek SJ. Regulation of GABAA Receptor Gene Expression and Epilepsy. Jasper’s Basic Mech. Epilepsies. 4th ed., National Center for Biotechnology Information (US); 2012.
- Behavioral and neurochemical characterization of the spontaneous mutation tremor, a new mouse model of audiogenic seizures.Epilepsy Behav. 2020; 105: 106945
- PTZ kindling model for epileptogenesis, refractory epilepsy, and associated comorbidities: relevance and reliability.Metab Brain Dis. 2021; 36: 1573-1590https://doi.org/10.1007/s11011-021-00823-3
- Validation of the 6 Hz refractory seizure mouse model for intracerebroventricularly administered compounds.Epilepsy Res. 2015; 115: 67-72
- Which insights have we gained from the kindling and post-status epilepticus models?.J Neurosci Methods. 2016; 260: 96-108https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2015.03.025
- Kindling of audiogenic seizures in Wistar rats: an EEG study.Exp Neurol. 1987; 97: 160-168https://doi.org/10.1016/0014-4886(87)90290-1
- Neuroethological and morphological (Neo-Timm staining) correlates of limbic recruitment during the development of audiogenic kindling in seizure susceptible Wistar rats.Epilepsy Res. 1996; 26: 177-192https://doi.org/10.1016/s0920-1211(96)00050-2
- Limbic epileptogenicity, cell loss and axonal reorganization induced by audiogenic and amygdala kindling in wistar audiogenic rats (WAR strain).Neuroscience. 2004; 125: 787-802https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2004.01.042
Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. 8th ed. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press; 2011. doi: 10.17226/12910.
- Equine herpesvirus 1 elicits a strong pro-inflammatory response in the brain of mice.J Gen Virol. 2021; 102https://doi.org/10.1099/jgv.0.001556
- Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta Delta C(T)) Method.Methods. 2001; 25: 402-408https://doi.org/10.1006/meth.2001.1262
- A powerful and flexible linear mixed model framework for the analysis of relative quantification RT-PCR data.Genomics. 2009; 94: 146-152https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2009.04.008
- Modulation of IL-1 beta gene expression by lipid peroxidation inhibition after kainic acid-induced rat brain injury.Exp Neurol. 2004; 188: 178-186https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expneurol.2004.03.023
- Prolonged inflammatory gene response following soman-induced seizures in mice.Toxicology. 2007; 238: 166-176
- The acute phase response and soman-induced status epilepticus: temporal, regional and cellular changes in rat brain cytokine concentrations.J Neuroinflammation. 2010; 7: 40https://doi.org/10.1186/1742-2094-7-40
- Effects of interleukin-1beta on hippocampal glutamate and GABA releases associated with Ca2+-induced Ca2+ releasing systems.Epilepsy Res. 2006; 71: 107-116https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2006.05.017
- Interleukin-1beta inhibits gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor current in cultured hippocampal neurons.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2000; 292: 497-504
- Overexpression of the immediate-early genes Egr1, Egr2, and Egr3 in two strains of rodents susceptible to audiogenic seizures.Epilepsy Behav. 2017; 71: 226-237
- CCR3, CCR2A and macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1a, monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) in the mouse hippocampus during and after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (PISE).Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2009; 35: 496-514https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2990.2009.01022.x
- Status epilepticus evokes prolonged increase in the expression of CCL3 and CCL4 mRNA and protein in the rat brain.Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2011; 71: 193-207
- Modulation of Neural Networks by Interleukin-1.Brain Plast (Amsterdam, Netherlands). 2021; 7: 17-32
- Inflammatory markers in the hippocampus after audiogenic kindling.Neurosci Lett. 2020; 721: 134830https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2020.134830
- Seizure susceptibility to various convulsant stimuli of knockout interleukin-6 mice.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004; 77: 761-766
- Egr3 stimulation of GABRA4 promoter activity as a mechanism for seizure-induced up-regulation of GABA(A) receptor alpha4 subunit expression.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005; 102: 11894-11899https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0501434102