- •Cannabidiol is a licensed antiseizure medication for specific rare epilepsies.
- •Outcomes of an expanded access program were evaluated in one hundred and two patients.
- •Mean treatment retention time was 10.3 months.
- •The median number of total seizures per month reduced by 47.6%.
- •Adverse events occurred in 66.7% of the evaluated population.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ILAE Classification of the Epilepsies position paper of the ILAE Commission for Classification and Terminology.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 512-521https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.13709.ILAE
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a consensus approach on diagnosis, assessment, management, and trial methodology.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 82-93
- Pharmacotherapy for Dravet syndrome.Pediatr Drugs. 2016; 18: 197-208https://doi.org/10.1007/s40272-016-0171-7
- Sudden unexpected death in Dravet syndrome: respiratory and other physiological dysfunctions.Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2013; 189: 324-328https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resp.2013.06.026
- Treatment of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndromes: a focus on cannabidiol oral solution.Pharm Ther. 2019; 44: 255-266
- The humanistic and economic burden of Dravet syndrome on caregivers and families: Implications for future research.Epilepsy Behav. 2017; 70: 104-109
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: Impact on the caregivers and families of patients.J Multidiscip Healthc. 2014; 7: 441-448https://doi.org/10.2147/JMDH.S69300
Epidyolex. Summary of Product Characteristics. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/epidyolex-epar-product-information_en.pdf.
- Epidiolex.Full Prescr Inf. 2018;
- Cannabis and endocannabinoid signaling in epilepsy.Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2015; 231: 285-316https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20825-1_10
- Trial of cannabidiol for drug-resistant seizures in the Dravet Syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 2011-2020
- Effect of cannabidiol on drop seizures in the Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1888-1897
- Cannabidiol in patients with seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (GWPCARE4): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 1085-1096
- Dose-ranging effect of adjunctive oral cannabidiol vs placebo on convulsive seizure frequency in Dravet Syndrome: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Neurol. 2020; 77: 613
- Add-on cannabidiol treatment for drug-resistant seizures in tuberous sclerosis complex: a placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial.JAMA Neurol. 2021; 78: 285
- Long-term safety and efficacy of add-on cannabidiol in patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: results of a long-term open-label extension trial.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 2228-2239
- Add-on cannabidiol in patients with Dravet syndrome: Results of a long-term open-label extension trial.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 2505-2517
- Results from an Italian expanded access program on cannabidiol treatment in highly refractory Dravet Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.Front Neurol. 2021; 12https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2021.673135
- Long-term safety and treatment effects of cannabidiol in children and adults with treatment-resistant epilepsies: expanded access program results.Epilepsia. 2018; 59: 1540-1548
- Operational classification of seizure types by the International League Against Epilepsy: Position Paper of the ILAE Commission for Classification and Terminology.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 522-530
- Experience with Health Quality of Life Questionnaire for the epileptic child (CAVE) – PubMed.Rev Neurol. 1997; 25: 415-421
- Long-term safety and efficacy of cannabidiol in children and adults with treatment-resistant Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome or Dravet Syndrome: Expanded access program results.Epilepsy Res. 2019; 154: 13-20
- Two-center experience of cannabidiol use in adults with Dravet syndrome.Seizure. 2021; 91: 5-8
- Cannabidiol improves frequency and severity of seizures and reduces adverse events in an open-label add-on prospective study.Epilepsy Behav. 2018; 87: 131-136
- Cannabidiol efficacy independent of clobazam: Meta-analysis of four randomized controlled trials.Acta Neurol Scand. 2020; 142: 531-540
- Effects of Epidiolex® (Cannabidiol) on seizure-related emergency department visits and hospital admissions: A retrospective cohort study.Epilepsy Behav. 2022; 127108538https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2021.108538
- Longitudinal impact of cannabidiol on EEG measures in subjects with treatment-resistant epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2021.108190
- Cannabidiol for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome: experts’ recommendations for its use in clinical practice in Spain.Rev Neurol. 2021; 73: S1-S8https://doi.org/10.33588/RN.73S01.2021250
- Time to onset of cannabidiol treatment effects in Dravet syndrome: Analysis from two randomized controlled trials.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 2218-2227
- Time to onset of cannabidiol (CBD) treatment effect in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: Analysis from two randomized controlled trials.Epilepsia. 2021; 62: 1130-1140
- Cognitive and behavioral effects of cannabidiol in patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 114107558https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2020.107558
- Thrombocytopenia in pediatric patients on concurrent cannabidiol and valproic acid.Epilepsia. 2020; 61https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.16596
- Quality of Life in Childhood Epilepsy in pediatric patients enrolled in a prospective, open-label clinical study with cannabidiol.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 96-100https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.13815
- Quality of life in adults enrolled in an open-label study of cannabidiol (CBD) for treatment-resistant epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2019; 95: 10-17https://doi.org/10.1016/J.YEBEH.2019.03.035