- •Two hundred and seventy-seven participants (58.7%) were willing to have epilepsy surgery for their children.
- •The most common reason was to be able to discontinue the drugs.
- •Parental factors (e.g., educational level) had significant associations with their willingness to have surgery.
- •Patient factors (e.g., drug regimen) had significant associations with their parental willingness to have surgery.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence, prevalence and aetiology of seizures and epilepsy in children.Epileptic Disord. 2015; 17: 117-123
- Definition of drug resistant epilepsy: consensus proposal by the ad hoc Task Force of the ILAE Commission on Therapeutic Strategies.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 1069-1077
- Clinical features of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy.J Clin Neurophysiol. 2009; 26: 297-301
- Physical injuries in patients with epilepsy and their associated risk factors.Seizure. 2012; 21: 165-168
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of anxiety and depression in youth with epilepsy.J Pediatr Psychol. 2020; 45: 133-144
- The neurodevelopmental impact of childhood-onset temporal lobe epilepsy on brain structure and function.Epilepsia. 2002; 43: 1062-1071
- Impact of severe epilepsy on development: recovery potential after successful early epilepsy surgery.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 1266-1276
- A reappraisal of mortality after epilepsy surgery.Neurology. 2016; 86: 1938-1944
- Health-related quality of life and self-perceived competence of children assessed before and up to two years after epilepsy surgery.Epilepsia. 2005; 46: 258-271
- Empirical evidence of underutilization of referrals for epilepsy surgery evaluation.Eur J Neurol. 2010; 17: 619-625
- Underutilization of epilepsy surgery: Part I: A scoping review of barriers.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 117
- Receiver operating characteristic curve in diagnostic test assessment.J Thorac Oncol. 2010; 5: 1315-1316
- Seizure outcome of temporal lobe epilepsy surgery in adults and children: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurosurgery. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1227/neu.0000000000002094
- Seizure control after epilepsy surgery in early childhood: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 125
- Short- and long-term response of vagus nerve stimulation therapy in drug-resistant epilepsy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neuromodulation. 2022; 25: 327-342
- Choice and trade-offs: parent decision making for neurotechnologies for pediatric drug-resistant epilepsy.J Child Neurol. 2021; 36: 943-949
- How can we optimize the long-term outcome in children with intracranial cavernous malformations? A single-center experience of 61 cases.Neurosurg Rev. 2022; 45: 3299-3313https://doi.org/10.1007/s10143-022-01823-2
- Atlas of lesion locations and postsurgical seizure freedom in focal cortical dysplasia: a MELD study.Epilepsia. 2022; 63: 61-74
- Epilepsy surgery for children and adolescents: evidence-based but underused.Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2022; 6: 484-494
- Neurostimulation in people with drug-resistant epilepsy: systematic review and meta-analysis from the ILAE Surgical Therapies Commission.Epilepsia. 2022; 63: 1314-1329
- 'In the best case seizure-free' – Parental hopes and worries before and satisfaction after their child's epilepsy surgery.Epilepsy Behav. 2020; 110
- Parental experience and decision-making for epilepsy surgery: a systematic review of qualitative and quantitative studies.Epilepsy Behav. 2021; 123
- Parents' priorities for decision-making of pediatric epilepsy treatments and perceived needs for decision support in multi-ethnic Asian clinical setting: a qualitative analysis.Epilepsy Behav. 2022; 135
- Surgery for intractable epilepsy in pediatrics, a systematic review of outcomes other than seizure freedom.Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2021; 39
- Antiseizure medication withdrawal in seizure-free patients: practice advisory update summary: report of the AAN Guideline Subcommittee.Neurology. 2021; 97: 1072-1081
- Quality of life and mood assessment in conservatively treated cavernous malformation-related epilepsy.Brain Behav. 2022; 12: e2595