- •Patients with eating epilepsy show a disrupted network during resting state. During eating, they tend towards a hyperconnected state with deviations from small worldness.
- •Patients with spontaneous seizures show a deviation from small worldness even in a resting state compared to those with pure reflex seizures.
- •Connectivity changes in resting state networks [Default Mode Network, Attention network, sensorimotor networks] were observed in resting state records of patients with eating epilepsy compared to controls.
- •Connectivity changes during eating involved the default mode network nodes, limbic cortex, and nodes participating in the physiological process of eating.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Reflex seizures and reflex epilepsies [Internet].(Available from:) Bladon Medical Publishing, 2005
’Eating epilepsy’--a reappraisal. – PubMed – NCBI [Internet]. [cited 2019 Mar 6]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2303023.
- Eating epilepsy: phenotype, MRI, SPECT and video-EEG observations.Epilepsy Res. 2013; 107: 115-120
- MEG: An introduction to methods.Oxford University Press, 2010: 449
- Sensitivity of MEG and EEG to source orientation.Brain Topogr. 2010; 23: 227-232
- Brainstorm: a user-friendly application for MEG/EEG analysis [Internet].Comput Intelligence Neurosci. 2011; ([cited 2017 Oct 14]. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cin/2011/879716/)
- FreeSurfer.NeuroImage [Internet]. 2012; 62 ([cited 2020 Sep 19]. Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811912000389): 774-781
- An automated labeling system for subdividing the human cerebral cortex on MRI scans into gyral based regions of interest.NeuroImage. 2006; 31: 968-980
- OpenMEEG: opensource software for quasistatic bioelectromagnetics.Biomed Eng OnLine. 2010; 9: 45
- Phase lag index: assessment of functional connectivity from multi channel EEG and MEG with diminished bias from common sources.Hum Brain Mapp. 2007; 28: 1178-1193
- Frequency-dependent functional connectivity within resting-state networks: An atlas-based MEG beamformer solution.NeuroImage. 2012; 59: 3909-3921
- Comparing brain networks of different size and connectivity density using graph theory.PLoS ONE. 2010; 5: e13701
- Complex brain networks: graph theoretical analysis of structural and functional systems.Nat Rev Neurosci [Internet]. 2009; 10 ([cited 2020 Sep 26]. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/nrn2575): 186-198
- Fundamentals of brain network analysis.Academic Press, 2016: 496 p.
- The control of the false discovery rate in multiple testing under dependency.Ann Stat. 2001; 29: 1165-1188
Fornito A, Zalesky A, Bullmore ET, editors. Chapter 5 - Centrality and Hubs. In: Fundamentals of Brain Network Analysis [Internet]. San Diego: Academic Press; 2016 [cited 2020 Dec 3]. p. 137–61. Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780124079083000054.
- Correspondence between evoked and intrinsic functional brain network configurations.Hum Brain Mapp [Internet]. 2017; 38 ([cited 2022 Jun 25]. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hbm.23500): 1992-2007
- Network analysis of brain functional connectivity in mental arithmetic using task-evoked fMRI.in: Wang S. Yamamoto V. Su J. Yang Y. Jones E. Iasemidis L. Brain informatics. Springer International Publishing, Cham2018: 141-152 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Connectomics and graph theory analyses: Novel insights into network abnormalities in epilepsy.Epilepsia [Internet]. 2015; 56 ([cited 2022 Jun 25]. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/epi.13133): 1660-1668
- Network analysis for a network disorder: the emerging role of graph theory in the study of epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav [Internet]. 2015; 50 ([cited 2022 Jun 25]. Available from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525505015003340): 162-170
- The precuneus/posterior cingulate cortex plays a pivotal role in the default mode network: evidence from a partial correlation network analysis.NeuroImage [Internet]. 2008; 42 (cited 2020 Oct 12]. Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811908007283): 1178-1184
- Increased intrinsic connectivity of the default mode network in temporal lobe epilepsy: evidence from resting-state MEG recordings.PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2015; 10 ([cited 2020 Sep 7]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4452781/)
- Default mode network abnormalities in idiopathic generalized epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav [Internet]. 2012; 23 ([cited 2020 Oct 12]. Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525505012000285): 353-359
- Generalized spike-wave discharges involve a default mode network in patients with juvenile absence epilepsy: a MEG study.Epilepsy Res. 2010; 89: 176-184
- Taste, olfactory, and food reward value processing in the brain.Prog Neurobiol. 2015; 127–128: 64-90
- Central mechanisms of odour object perception.Nat Rev Neurosci. 2010; 11: 628-641
- Taste representation in the human insula.Brain Struct Funct. 2010; 214: 551-561
- Human cardiovascular and gustatory brainstem sites observed by functional magnetic resonance imaging.J Comp Neurol. 2004; 471: 446-461
- Normal swallowing and functional magnetic resonance imaging: a systematic review.Dysphagia. 2007; 22: 266-275
- The functional role of cross-frequency coupling.Trends Cogn Sci. 2010; 14: 506-515
- Anatomic organization and physiology of the limbic cortex.Physiol Rev. 1990; 70: 453-511
- Epileptic seizures precipitated by eating.Epilepsia. 1977; 18: 445-449