- •Interictal headache is a significant issue in people with epilepsy (PWE).
- •Lower seizure frequency and lower EEG abnormalities were independent predictors of interictal headache.
- •Antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) may be significant contributing factors for interictal headache.
- •Interictal headache had more of a nonmigrainous character compared with migrainous character.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Characteristics of postictal headache in patients with partial epilepsy.Cephalalgia. 2004; 24: 23-28
- Headaches add to the burden of epilepsy.J Headache Pain. 2007; 8: 224-230
- Hippocampal sclerosis and ipsilateral headache among mesial temporal lobe epilepsy patients.Seizure. 2011; 20: 480-484
- Characteristics of headache associated with intractable partial epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2005; 46: 1241-1245
- High prevalence of headaches in patients with epilepsy.J Headache Pain. 2014; 15: 70
- Pattern of adverse events of antiepileptic drugs: results of the aESCAPE study in Poland.Arch Med Sci. 2013; 9: 858-864
- Proposal for revised clinical and electroencephalographic classification of epileptic seizures.Epilepsia. 1981; 22: 489-501
- Revised terminology and concepts for organization of seizures and epilepsies: report of the ILAE commission on classification and terminology, 2005–2009.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 676-685
- The international classification of headache disorders.Cephalalgia. 2004; 24: 9-160
- Complaints associated with the use of antiepileptic drugs: results from a community-based study.Seizure. 2005; 14: 198-206
- Comorbidity between headache and epilepsy in a Chinese epileptic center.Epilepsy Res. 2014; 108: 535-541
- Periictal and interictal headache including migraine in Dutch patients with epilepsy: a cross-sectional study.Epilepsy Behav. 2015; 44: 155-158
- A cross-sectional study of subjective complaints in patients with epilepsy who seem to be well-controlled with anti-epileptic drugs.Seizure. 2006; 15: 242-248
- The international classification of headache disorders 3rd edition.Cephalalgia. 2018; 38: 1-211
- ‘Ictal epileptic headache’: recent concepts for new classifications criteria.Cephalalgia. 2012; 32: 723-724
- Diagnostic criteria currently proposed for “ictal epileptic headache”: perspectives on strengths, weaknesses and pitfalls.Seizure. 2015; 31: 56-63