- •Epilepsy service users are interested in the application of wearables in routine care.
- •Uncertainty about the usefulness of wearable devices limited their current use.
- •Commonly used, discrete multimodal devices were preferred for long-term use.
- •An automated device-generated alarm feature should be considered with caution.
- •Specific epilepsy care team personnel should be dedicated to digital data handling.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Estimation of the burden of active and life-time epilepsy: a meta-analytic approach.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 883-890
- Oxford textbook of epilepsy and epileptic seizures.Oxford University Press, 2012
- Prediction of seizure likelihood with a long-term, implanted seizure advisory system in patients with drug-resistant epilepsy: a first-in-man study.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12: 563-571
- Views of patients with epilepsy on seizure prediction devices.Epilepsy Behav. 2010; 18: 388-396
- The connected patient: charting the vital signs of remote health monitoring.HealthCare Foundation, California2011
- Remote patient monitoring via non-invasive digital technologies: a systematic review.Telemed J E Health. 2017; 23: 3-17
- Seizure detection, seizure prediction, and closed-loop warning systems in epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2014; : 291-307
- Automated seizure detection systems and their effectiveness for each type of seizure.Seizure. 2016; 40: 88-101
- Do we still have a digital divide in mental health? A five-year survey follow-up.J Med Internet Res. 2016; 18: e309
- Novel techniques for automated seizure registration: patients' wants and needs.Epilepsy Behav. 2015; 52: 1-7
- Patient and caregiver view on seizure detection devices: a survey study.Seizure. 2016; 41: 179-181
- Automated non-EEG based seizure detection: do users have a say?.Epilepsy Behav. 2016; 62: 121-128
- A systematic review of clinician and staff views on the acceptability of incorporating remote monitoring technology into primary care.Telemed J E Health. 2014; 20: 428-438
Office for National Statistics . Internet users in the UK: 2016. https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/itandinternetindustry/bulletins/internetusers/2016 website.
- Global support for principle of free expression, but opposition to some forms of speech.Pew Research Center, 2015http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/11/18/global-support-for-principle-of-free-expression-but-opposition-to-some-forms-of-speech/
- Patient-centered design criteria for wearable seizure detection devices.Epilepsy Behav. 2016; 64: 116-121
- Patient and caregiver perspectives on seizure prediction.Epilepsy Behav. 2010; 19: 474-477
- Seizure anticipation: from algorithms to clinical practice.Curr Opin Neurol. 2006; 19: 187-193
- Seizure prediction:the impact of long prediction horizons.Epilepsy Res. 2007; 73: 213-217
- Seizure reporting technologies for epilepsy treatment: a review of clinical information needs and supporting technologies.Seizure. 2015; 32: 109-117