- •The relationship between social factors and epilepsy treatment with CBD is examined.
- •Social factors may affect access to care and treatment choices.
- •Higher age and lower income are associated with lower health rating.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Social determinants of health in epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2014; 41: 283-289
- Relationship between quality of life variables and personality factors in patients with epilepsy and non-epileptic seizures.in: Gates J. Rowan A. Non-epileptic seizures. Butterworth Heinemann, Boston2000: 159-168
- POMS: profile of mood states.EITS/Educational and Industrial Testing Service, San Diego, CA1992
“Carly the catalyst”, B-Metro, Birmingham, Alabama; November 1 2016, p. 94–95. http://b-metro.com/carly-cbd-oil-seizures/30597/. [Accessed 29 November 2016].
- Social determinants of health.(http://www.who.int/social_determinants/en/. Accessed)November 20 2016
- Fair society, healthy lives: the Marmot review.www.ucl.ac.uk/marmotreview([Accessed 20 November 2016])Date: 2010
- Deconstructing and addressing health disparities to build health equity.in: Murray M. Critical health psychology. 2nd ed. Palgrave Macmillan, New York, NY2014: 87-107
- Disparities in epilepsy: report of a systematic review by the North American Commission of the International League Against Epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2009; 50: 2285-2295
- The impact of ‘social determinants of health’ on epilepsy prevalence and reported medication use.Epilepsy Res. 2009; 84: 135-145
- Socioeconomic status is a risk factor for epilepsy in Icelandic adults but not in children.Epilepsia. 2005; 46: 1297-1303
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the treatment of epilepsy: what do we know? What do we need to know?.Epilepsy Behav. 2006; 9: 243-264
- Epilepsy in North America: a report prepared under the auspices of the global campaign against epilepsy, the International Bureau for Epilepsy, the International League Against Epilepsy, and the World Health Organization.Epilepsia. 2006; 47: 1700-1722
- Racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic disparities in patient outcomes after craniotomy for tumor in adult patients in the United States, 1988–2004.Neurosurgery. 2010; 66 ([discussion 437-8]): 427-437
- Epilepsy surgery trends in the United States, 1990–2008.Neurology. 2012; 78: 1200-1206
- Hickman D. Totten A. Berg A. Rader K. Goodman S. Newhouse R. The PCORI methodology report. PCORI methodology committee. 2013[Accessed 21 November 2016])
- Patient-reported outcomes: a new era in clinical research.Perspect Clin Res. 2011; 2: 137-144
- US Department of Health and Human Services and Food and Drug Administration Guidance for industry: patient-reported outcome measures: use in medical product development to support labeling claims.http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM193282.pdf([Accessed 21 November 2016])Date: December 2009
- National Institutes of Health. Health measures: transforming how health is measured.[Accessed 21 November 2016])
- Incorporating the patient's perspective into drug development and communication: an ad hoc task force report of the Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) harmonization group meeting at the Food and Drug Administration, February 16, 2001.Value Health. 2003; 6: 522-531
- Quality of life in psychogenic nonepileptic seizures.Epilepsia. 2003; 44: 236-242
- Psychopathology and quality of life: psychogenic non-epileptic seizures versus epilepsy.Med Sci Monit. 2003; 9: CR113-CR118
- Self-reported health in Poland and the United States: a comparative analysis of demographic, family and socioeconomic influences.Health (London). 2004; 8: 5-31
- Self-rated health and mortality: a review of twenty-seven community studies.J Health Soc Behav. 1997; 38: 21-37
- Utility of health data from social surveys: a review of the literature.Am Sociol Rev. 1999; 64: 303-315
- The meanings of self-ratings of health: a qualitative and quantitative approach.Res Aging. 1999; 21: 458-476
- Does employment affect health?.J Health Soc Behav. 1995; 36: 230-243
- Reporting race/ethnicity in epilepsy clinical trials.Epilepsy Behav. 2004; 5: 743-745
- Epilepsy surveillance among adults–19 states, behavioral risk factor surveillance system, 2005.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2008; 57: 1-20
- Perceived impact of epilepsy in teenagers and young adults: an international survey.Epilepsy Behav. 2008; 12: 395-401
- Epilepsy across the spectrum: promoting health and understanding.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2012