- •LGIT can provide individuals with AS with a high level of seizure control with minimal side effects.
- •The LGIT appears less effective in preventing seizures due to illness or non-convulsive status.
- •This cohort's discontinuation rate was lower than a previous LGIT study in the general population.
- •Some individuals maintain good seizure control with higher carbohydrate intake than typical LGIT.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The use of diet in the treatment of epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2005; 6: 4-8
- History of the ketogenic diet.Epilepsia. 2008; 49: 3-5
- The effects of ketonemia on the course of epilepsy.Mayo Clin Bull. 1921; 2: 307
- Perspectives on the metabolic management of epilepsy through dietary reduction of glucose and elevation of ketone bodies.J Neurochem. 2003; 86: 529-537
- Brain metabolism during fasting.J Clin Invest. 1967; 46: 1589-1595
- Assessing the efficacy of the antiepileptic treatments: the ketogenic diet.Epilepsia. 2003; 44: 26-29
- Low-glycemic-index treatment: a liberalized ketogenic diet for treatment of intractable epilepsy.Neurology. 2005; 65: 1810-1812
- Glycemic index of foods: a physiological basis for carbohydrate exchange.Am J Clin Nutr. 1981; 34: 362-366
- Low glycemic index treatment for seizures in Angelman syndrome.Epilepsia. 2012; 53: 1498-1502
- UBE3A/E6-AP mutations cause Angelman syndrome.Nat Genet. 1997; 15: 70-73
- Angelman syndrome: mimicking conditions and phenotypes.Am J Med Genet. 2001; 101: 59-64
- Angelman syndrome: correlations between epilepsy phenotypes and genotypes.Ann Neurol. 1998; 43: 485-493
- Epilepsy in Angelman syndrome: a questionnaire-based assessment of the natural history and current treatment options.Epilepsia. 2009; 50: 2369-2376
- Epilepsy in patients with Angelman syndrome caused by deletion of the chromosome 15q11-13.Arch Neurol. 2006; 63: 122-128
- Angelman syndrome 2005: updated consensus for diagnostic criteria.Am J Med Genet. 2006; 140A: 413-418
- Parental view of epilepsy in Angelman syndrome: a questionnaire study.Arch Dis Child. 1998; 79: 423-426
- Epilepsy in Angelman syndrome.Seizure. 2007; 17: 211-217
- Neurologic manifestations of Angelman syndrome.Pediatr Neurol. 2013; 48: 271-279
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of the low gylcemic index treatment in pediatric epilepsy.Epilepsia. 2009; 50: 1118-1126