- •Spiritual/Religious Coping (SRCOPE) Scale scores were studied in 110 adult patients with epilepsy.
- •A greater use of positive coping than negative coping was found in patients with epilepsy.
- •The use of positive coping was greater in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy than in other types of epilepsy.
- •The ratio of negative/positive coping was associated with low scores in the Quality of Life in Epilepsy Inventory-31.
- •Studies should evaluate interventions, considering the knowledge of SR coping strategies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Handbook of religion and health: a century of research revised.Oxford University Press, New York2001
- O impacto da espiritualidade na saúde física.Rev Psiq Clin. 2007; 34: 88-94
- Espiritualidade baseada em evidências.Acta Fisiatr. 2001; 8: 107-112
- Religiosity is associated with hippocampal but not amygdala volumes in patients with refractory epilepsy.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004; 75: 640-642
- The contribution of spirituality to quality of life in focal epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2006; 9: 133-139
- Envolvimento religioso e fatores sociodemográficos: resultados de um levantamento nacional no Brasil.Rev Psiq Clin. 2010; 37: 12-15
- Surrender to God: an additional coping style?.J Psychol Theol. 2000; 28: 149-161
- The psychological of religion and coping: theory, research, practice.Guilford Press, New York1997
- Escala de coping religioso-espiritual (Escala CRE): elaboração e validação de construto.Psicol Estud. 2005; 10: 507-516
- The many methods of religious coping: development and initial validation of the RCOPE.J Clin Psychol. 2000; 56: 519-543
- Proposal for revised classification of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes.Epilepsia. 1989; 30: 389-399
- A proposed diagnostic scheme for people with epileptic seizures and with epilepsy: report of the ILAE task force on classification and terminology.Epilepsia. 2001; 42: 796-803
- Development and cross-cultural translations of a 32-item quality of life in epilepsy inventory.Epilepsia. 1998; 39: 81-88
- Validity and reliability of the portuguese version of the quality of the life in epilepsy inventory (QOLIE-31) for Brazil.Epilepsy Behav. 2007; 10: 234-241
- Censo Demográfico — 2010: Características gerais da população: resultados da amostra.2010 ([<http://www.ibge.gov.br/ibgeteen/datas/religiao/brasil.html> 11/12/2012])
- Religion and spiritual coping and quality of life among patients with emphysema in the National Emphysema Treatment Trial.Respir Care. 2011; 56: 1514-1521
- Religion, spirituality and health in medically ill hospitalized older adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 554-562
- Religion, health, and psychological well-being in older adults: findings from three national surveys.J Aging Health. 1998; 10: 504-531
- Religion in America, 1996: will the vitality of the church be the surprise of the 21st century?.Princeton Religious Research Center, Princeton, NJ1996
- Religious experiences in epileptic patients with a focus on ictus-related episodes.Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1998; 52: 321-325
- The neural substrates of religious experience.J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1997; 9: 498-510
- The interictal behavior syndromes of temporal lobe epilepsy.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1975; 32: 1580-1586
- An investigation of religiosity and the Gastaut–Geschwind syndrome in patient with temporal lobe epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2006; 9: 407-414
- Norman Geschwind's contribution to the understanding of behavioral changes in temporal lobe epilepsy: the February 1974 lecture.Epilepsy Behav. 2009; 15: 417-424